Wednesday, March 28, 2012

The Hunger Games!

I'm so happy its Spring Break! It's been for a while now but you know, I never have the time to blog. Anyways, so far, my spring break is going very well. My family went on a road trip and my best friend came along. We bought really cool green and red jeans for her at the mall. I don't know what's wrong with me but suddenly, makeup fascinates me. There was really cool eyeshadow and I just had to buy it.

Just so you know, I'm a girl and makeup would disgust me and it will never usually go on my face very often. I do wear makeup for choir concerts. But why did I buy some? It never has occured to me that makeup makes me sorta happy and I'm pretty sure I'm going through a phase. Why am I talking about this?

Just ignore that paragraph. I like to go on about my life at times if you care. It's nice to talk about my life once in a while.

File:Josh Hutcherson 2012.jpg

Josh Hutcherson :D

So yesterday, my family and I went to the movies and watched The Hunger Games! I have read every single book of The Hunger Games and I was soo excited to finally go and see it! The actor for Peeta (Josh Hutcherson: Zathura, Firehouse Dog) and Cato are really hot! Like oh my goodnes! They were pretty accurate with the appearances and personalities! It's amazing!

Don't know what I'm talking about? Time for a summary!



Title: The Hunger Games
Author: Suzanne Collins
Genres: Romance, Action, Tragedy, Adventure, Fantasy
Age Rating: 13+ Teen
Status: Completed (3 books in total)

Summary: Set in the future, the world is split into 12 districts. Each district is responsible for some kind of resource, for example, District 12 does mining of coal. All of the districts are controlled by the Capitol. To show how powerful the Capitol is, they created the hunger games. The hunger games works by getting one girl and one boy from each district that are called tributes which sums up to 24 kids in an arena and fight to the death until one is left. The arena is set up to be a wilderness where tributes have to survive on their own and kill each other. The last one will be victor and will be sent to the Victor houses in the Capitol where they will live in utter luxury. If you win, you will never be picked again.



In order to picked for the Hunger Games, each child starting from the age of 12 will have one of their names put into the box for the reaping which when they draw at random for two tributes. Each year they age, they will put the childs name more than once. It will stop once you turn 18. If you weren't picked, then you are lucky. It's difficult when your poor because the child will have to have their name put in more than once so they can get more food for their family. The more times you get your name in, you will be likely chosen.



Katniss Everdeen is a 16 year old girl who lost her father at the age of 11 during a mining accident. He left her, her mother and her 12 year old sister, Primrose Everdeen. Katniss would go beyond the District border and go hunt with her bow and arrow. Often, her best friend Gale would go with her. Gale wants to escape to the woods with his family and with her family. Katniss doesn't want to have kids because of the Hunger Games. She would be too scared for them.



During the reaping, Prim's name was called even though her name was only put in once. However, Katniss immediately volunteers instead. So she is the girl tribute along with Peeta Malark who is the same age as her. They go to the Capitol and get cleaned up. They meet their trainer, Haymitch who was a former Hunger Games winner and learn how to get sponsers, people who send things when a tribute needs something the most such as water when the tribute is dying of thirst. Tributes get evalutaed to get attention of the crowd and sponsers. Soon after evaluation the games soon start. But Haymitch tells Peeta and Katniss to pretend to like each other so they can have sponsers and attention. It seems that Peeta truley likes Katniss but Katniss isn't sure about her true feelings and just goes with it.



The first book was just amazing! I read the book over and over again! I could not put the book down and I read the whole series in one night! The storyline is just so high packed, gripping and suspenseful! Suzanne Collins mixes in Action and Romance together so nicely! I really love the "Star crossed lovers" thing. It makes me smile and blush at the same time!

The movie was surprisingly acurate. Even though there was a few gaps here and there, it was overall amazing! It made people who never read the books informed. I just don't know how to explain it but even though they did skip parts, they made it feel whole. I'm sorry if you don't know what I'm talking about but you will if you watched the movie.

I really hope that they make a second movie based off of the second book in the series, Catching Fire. I bet it will be amazing! I want some more of Peeta and Katniss!! > x <

Happy Birthday to my Father! :D

Arigatou~!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have any manga/anime to recommend me, comment! If not, just comment anyways! They are always appreciated!