Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Manga's for the Leap Year Feb 29!

Ah~! I just realized it is a leap year and today, apparently, shouldn't exist! I probably shouldn't even be on the computer right now......oh well. There were many things I shouldn't be doing today. For example, during gym we were supposed to play broom ball (a horrid sport) and I of course didn't want to. I don't have anything against that sport but the stupid helmets we had to put on! It nearly killed me! > x <

Since I have such a small head, I got the excuse to sit out of broom ball and go to the library in the recreation center. I was enjoying myself through reading Oresama Teacher. I just love libraries! They have manga books I can read!!

Cerberus 1 - Page 1

Title: Cerberus
Author: Fukui Takumi
Genres: Shonen, Seinen, Action, Fantasy, Slice of Life, Comedy
Reading Direction: 16+ Older Teen
Status: Ongoing

Summary: (mangareader.net) Kei often gets involved in fights, despite of him being weak and always end up losing… One day, while helping a friend to bring some textbooks to an old building of his school, he and his childhood friend, Tomoe, are attacked by a monster. In order to save his friend, Kei will choose to become a Grave Protector! * Cerberus in ancient Greek mythology was a hell hound that guarded the gates of the Underworld preventing those who have crossed the river Styx from ever escaping.

Cerberus 7 - Page 1

This manga is ok. I like the storyline but I'm not really used to the fact there is blood in every fighting scene and I mean there is like tons! I have never read such a gory fighting scene since High school of the Dead! 

I kinda like the art! It grows on my whenever I read the manga.

Shouri no Akuma 3 - Page 1

Title: Shouri no Akuma, Devil of Victory
Author: Maki Youko
Genres: Romance, Comedy, Slice of Life, Shojo, Gender Bender
Reading Direction: 13+ Teen
Status: Ongoing?

Summary: (mangafox.com) From StarryHeaven:

Tanakamori Asami, 16 years old. Because of her father’s debts, she’s forced to transfer from her elite school to her current one… Her new school is entirely full of strange people, in fact it’s kinda like a zoo… But there, she meets the beautiful Akira. Thanks to the charismatic Akira, Asami slowly, slowly she gets used to her new school. However several trials appear to Asami such as her family's finances, her classmates, and even in love. Her everyday life is bursting open in this romantic comedy!

Shouri no Akuma 1 - Page 5

I seriously think this manga is crazy but fun! The gender bender in this manga is pretty interesting. The guy aka. Akira, actually likes dressing up like a girl and I have no problem but the fact that Akira looks smokin' hot when he dresses up like a man. I'm going to cry......

Anyways, the storyline is a typical shojo storyline but unique in its own way. Of course tons of manga's have to have their own pazaze.....(I spelled that really wrong I know) and at times Shouri no Akuma does have its originality, like the comedy it has which I love so much! It's so cute!!

 Shouri no Akuma 9 - Page 3

I really love the art! I'm sooo in love!! Some parts of the art reminds me of the manga, Arisa.

Magico 1 - Page 2

Title: Magico
Author: Iwamoto Naoki
Genres: Romance, Shonen, Fantasy, Comedy, Action, Adventure
Reading Direction: Right to Left
Age Rating: 13+ Teen
Status: Ongoing

Summary: (mangareader.net) Sixteen-year-old Emma finally arrives at the capital city Hawk Eye after escaping from being held captive for her entire life. But as soon as she arrives, every man in the city, including the king, falls madly in love with her. She is about to be forced into marriage, but is saved by a sorcerer. The sorcerer identifies himself as Shion, one of the youngest and most talented in the nation. They have met before, but Emma has no recollection. Shion explains to Emma that she is cursed with the Ekidona, a mysterious magic that happens every 500 years where a girl is born with her heart packed with such powerful dark magic that it has the potential to destroy the world. With such power, one could rule the world, and Shion explains to Emma that people are going to try and hunt her down to get her heart.

Magico 1 - Page 3

However, Emma is told that there exists a ritual that will rid her of the Ekidona curse but doing so will require a long and arduous process. The first of that being Emma and Shion will have to marry each other...

Magico 1 - Page 4

This manga is the best thing ever!!!! > x < The art and storyline is soo amazing!!! I'm soo obessed and in love with it!! I want new chapters right now!!!!

Arigatou~!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have any manga/anime to recommend me, comment! If not, just comment anyways! They are always appreciated!