Saturday, January 7, 2012

Manga/Anime Recommendation: Kyo Kara Maoh!

Have you ever been to another country that had the most weirdest customs (I don't want to offend anyone in anyway), practices and cultures? If you have been to India, you will see cows walking everywhere because they consider cows as sacred animals or in France, where people thank the people in the store before leaving. My french teacher told me about it and I think that is pretty neat. Its completely different in Canada!

The anime I just watched intrigued me by showing the most outrageous way of proposing to a person. The way a person proposes to another person in the Demon Kingdom is basically slapping his/her cheek. Either side is fine, gender doesn't matter. I almost died laughing because it was just so funny, great and original! :D



Slap......oops....... 0////0 I did what?! I love Yuri! :D



Title: Kyo Kara Maoh!
Author: (Story) Tomo Takabayashi and (Art) Temari Matsumoto
Genres: Shonen Ai, Comedy, Fantasy, Romance, Action, Shojo, Adventure
Reading Direction: Right to Left
Age Rating: 13+ Teen
Status: Manga Ongoing and Anime Completed

Summary: (wikipedia) Kyo Kara Maoh!, takes place in an alternate world that Yuri Shibuya travels to by coming in contact with water. There are many nations in the alternate world, however, the plot centers around the The Great Demon Kingdom. The people of the kingdom are Demons but appear indistinguishable from human. Their only distinguishing traits are their long lives and the ability to use magic. The people of the Demon Tribe are able to make a pact with an element which they can then use magic of that element. Covenant Castle is in the capital of the Demon Kingdom. It is the residence of the Demon King. The culture of The Great Demon Kingdom is very different from the Japanese culture Yuri is accustomed to, and the differences make for some amusing mishaps with long ranging consequences, such as an accidental proposal of marriage.



The art is so hot! :D I want to draw Wolfram!!! He is so hot!!! I love his eyes and hair!! *Faints* Its so great~!!!



I'm sad that Tokopop just decided to close their publishing doors! That means that Kyo Kara Maoh is not published anymore!!! WAH!!! I wanted to buy the manga too!!! > x < GRR!!! The story is soo funny, cute, hot and awesome!!! I don't know how to explain it.....I love it too much! The characters are loveable and clash together nicely like Wolfram and Yuri. I love their love-hate relationship, since they are engaged..........(yaoi fan right here- bad images popping into brain 0 ^ 0)



I can totally tell which one would be the uke........... :D

Arigatou~!!

2 comments:

  1. I love this anime, I love wolfram and sometimes I hate yuuri ¬¬
    I want another season! T_T

    ReplyDelete

If you have any manga/anime to recommend me, comment! If not, just comment anyways! They are always appreciated!