Saturday, August 27, 2011

Mangaka CLAMP!

One of my favorite mangaka's of all time!! I would say, group. Their stories are just out there, very original and intriguing. The stories are like string with loops, tangles and twists.......they are never boring!! They are just amazing!!!! So out of this world!! :DD

Not only their stories amaze me but their art too. I don't know what to say but its just beautiful, detailed and amazing.
clamp - clamp photo

The leader of CLAMP is Nanase Ohkawa (大川 七瀬 Ōkawa Nanase). She provides the storylines and screenplays. The three artists who like to shift roles are, Mokona (もこな Mokona), Tsubaki Nekoi (猫井 椿 Nekoi Tsubaki) and Satsuki Igarashi (いがらし 寒月 Igarashi Satsuki).

File:Clamp at Anime Expo 2006.jpg

CLAMP is known for creating the most diverse manga's in the manga world. I really look up to them! They are sooo awesome!! Their manga's never get me bored and they always get me inspired to create stories and draw different styles. I love their manga's because they are either Shonen or Shojo. They don't stay on the same genre or whatever. There is at least one manga that everyone will love. I love it!!!

I guess my first manga/anime from CLAMP is Cardcaptor Sakura. It got me into manga and anime. ^_^

Sakura and Syaoran - cardcaptor-sakura wallpaper

You know what I love about CLAMP? I love how they use their characters in different stories!! I think its called Cross something.....I can't remember. But I find it cool and interesting. Seriously, do you see very many mangaka's that do this? So far, I only see one and that is CLAMP!

File:RGVeda Cove vol1r.jpg

Title: RG Veda
Author: CLAMP
Genres: Romance, Shonen Ai, Adventure, Action, Fantasy, Tragedy, Supernatural
Reading Direction: Right to Left
Age Rating: 13+ Teen
Status: Completed

Summary: (Its been awhile since I've read this one....so this summary is from mangafox.com) 300 years ago, a powerful warlord rebelled against the Heavenly Emperor. After killing the Emperor, the warlord crowned himself as the new Emperor, starting a cruel reign. But there is a prophecy: Six Stars will one day assemble and overthrow his tyrannical rule ...

Six stars will fall to this plane. The dark stars that will defy the Heavens. And you shall undertake a journey. One that begins when you find the child of a vanished race. I cannot discern the child's alignment. I only know that it is he alone who can turn the wheels of Tenkai's destiny. For it is by Heavenly Mandate that through this child, the Six Stars shall begin to gather. And then someone shall appear from the shadows. Even my powers cannot clearly make out his figure, but he knows the future and can manipulate both evil and heavenly stars. A roaring flame shall raze the wicked. Six stars will overpower all others. And inevitably, they will be the schism that splits the Heavens."

Now, the ruler of the Yasha Clan has found Ashura, the last of the Ashura Clan, and together they set out to find the Six Stars and fulfill the prophecy.


RG Veda is CLAMP's debut manga.

I find this manga a true classic. The art is just beautiful, detailed and amazing considering it was from 1989.



I love the story!!! It is just amazing!! The best plot ever!!!! There were things that I never expected and surprised me. I have nothing anything else to say but just uttery captivating and amazing.

This next manga was difficult in describing the plot. I don't know how I got into Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles. I guess when I read the summary (which kinda confused me), I wanted to see what it was like. So forgive me once again (who cares! I can do whatever I want! MUHAHAHA!!! Sorry.....). I'm going to copy and paste because I don't want to confuse you!

Tsubasa Chromicle - tsubasa-reservoir-chronicles photo

Title: Tsubasa Chronicles
Author: CLAMP
Genres: Romance, Shonen, Fantasy, Supernatural, Comedy, Tragedy
Reading Direction: Right to Left
Age Rating: 13+ Teen
Status: Completed

Summary: (mangafox.com) This is the story of four travelers, bound by fate and by prophesied future. Sakura is the princess of Clow Country, and possessor of a strange power that promises to change the world. Syaoran is an aspiring archaeologist and her childhood friend. When Sakura is endangered by the plan a certain man has for the future, the princess' memories are scattered across dimensions in the form of feathers, and Syaoran is forced to go on a desperate journey to retrieve them. They are accompanied by Fay D. Flourite, a magician running from the horrible truth of his past, and Kurogane, a rough-mannered ninja trying to get back to his world. However, the ability to cross worlds demands a great price, and each of them must pay the Space-Time Witch with what he or she values most. In order to save his princess, Syaoran must give up his relationship with her. Even if he gathers all of Sakura's memories, she will never remember him...

But the world is not so simple. The very moment these four made this decision, their destinies were sealed into a tragic course—as everyone in the group has their own secrets...


Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicles Sakura and Syaoran - tsubasa-reservoir-chronicles photo

I am really surprised.....when I first saw this I thought, "Sakura??? Syoaron???? EH?! Is this a sequel??" Well I thought wrong. They just used characters from Cardcaptor Sakura in Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles. As I've said, there was a word for it......cross something......oh well. I'll figure that out later.

I'm still in the middle of reading this manga. Man, its amazing. It has its dark, sad, light and happy parts. I'm just speechless. I'm totally lost for words! I kinda get confused at parts.....I guess I should read xxxholic to.

Tsubasa - tsubasa-reservoir-chronicles photo

This manga is like Cardcaptor Sakura, Shonen style! I noticed the art style has shifted to a Shonen style to suit the Shonen vibe. The lines, I noticed, are a bit thicker. I don't see the girly thin lines they do. Of course CLAMP would do this because they would want to draw in boy readers with their art, not just the story. I find this really intriguing. And very amazing!


Title: Kobato, こばと。
Author: CLAMP
Genres: Romance, Comedy, Fantasy, Supernatural, Slice of life
Reading Direction: Right to Left
Age Rating: 13+ Teen
Status: Completed

Summary: (animeseason.com) Kobato is sweet and perky girl, but also extremely naive about the world around her. She has a "mission", which is to fill a mysterious bottle of hers with the suffering from people's hearts so her wish to go a certain place that she desires to go can be granted. However, she must not fall in love with a particular boy she works with and whose heart she must heal.
Koboto - kobato wallpaper

Sniff Sniff........I just started watching the anime and its soo beautiful! Sigh.....

The art is so adorable. I love it!

The characters in this manga make me smile so much. Especially the dog. I love the dog! His character scary but it clashes with Kobato's warm and nice nature. It kinda makes me scared for her but it works out.

Other manga's (that I've read) by CLAMP.

Magic Knight Rayearth



Arigatou~!!

1 comment:

If you have any manga/anime to recommend me, comment! If not, just comment anyways! They are always appreciated!