Sunday, April 3, 2011

Shojo Beat! More Shojo Madness!!!!

A few days ago I spotted the Shojo Magazine at a Thrift store. I was really happy that I bought it! I miss the magazine........why did it stop coming out?????? I miss it!!!!!

For those who do not know, Shojo Beat the sister magazine to Shonen Jump. The magazine mainly targets 16-18 year olds. Each issue features 7 different manga chapters, information about Japanese culture, fan art, posters, anime and movie news and reviews.

Anways, here are the manga's that I usually love to read from Shojo Beat. I know this is not all of them



Title: Fall in Love like a comic, まんがみたいな恋したいっ! Manga Mitaina Koishitai!
Author: Chitose Yagami
Genres: Romance, Shojo, Comedy, School life, Slice of life
Reading Direction: Right to Left
Age Rating: 13+ Teen
Status: Completed

Summary: Rena Sakura is a highschooler with a secret, she is a professional mangaka! She has never been on a date but she draws really steamy scences and stories for Cha❤mi magazine. One day she leaves her manuscript at the school library and she finds it with the most hottest guy in the school, Tomoya Okita. He finds out her secret. In order to make her manga's better, she takes the chance to ask him out and experience real love!



I think the story and art is really cute!



Title: Gaba Kawa
Author: Rie Takada
Genres: Romance, Comedy, Supernatural
Reading Direction: Right to Left
Age Rating: 13+ Teen
Status: Completed

Summary: Rara is a demon in love with a human. Demons are supposed to bring misfortune and bring humans into darkness. Not fall in love with them!! Rara enters highschool and falls in love with a hot guy named Retsu Aku. Can Rara conquer this unrequited love?



Title: Tail of the Moon, 月のしっぽ Tsuki no Shippo
Author: Rinko Ueda
Genres: Romance, Comedy, Adventure
Reading Direction: Right to Left
Age Rating: 16+ Older Teen
Status: Completed

Summary: (Shojo Beat) Usagi is the granddaughter of the leader of a presitgious ninja village, but she's such a klutz that she's never made it out of the kiddie class. Frustrated with Usagi's lack of progress, her grandfather sends her to marry Lord Hanzo and have lots of ninja babies. But the lord has no interest in her or her childbearing potential!



The story is charming and funny!!!!!



Title: Honey Hunt
Author: Miki Aihara
Genres: Romance, Comedy, Drama
Reading Direction: Right to Left
Age Rating: 16+ Older Teen
Status: Ongoing

Summary: (Shojo Beat) Life's not easy when you're living in the shadow of your famous parents. Can shy Yura, the daughter of an award-winning composer and a world-renowned actress, find the courage to step out on her own now that her super-celebrity parents are getting divorced?



I really hate Yura's mother!! I just had to say that.....anyways, I love this manga! I love the art! I love how the character Yura improves. I love how it doesn't go to fast or too slow.

File:High School Debut volume 1.jpg

Title: High school Debut
Author: Kazune Kawahara
Genres: Romance, Comedy, School life, Slice of life, Drama
Reading Direction: Right to Left
Age Rating: 13+ Teen
Status: Completed

Summary: Haruna Nagashima is a tomboy. Her life is consisted of Softball and comics. Now entering Highschool, all she wants is a boyfriend! She asks help from Yoh Komiyama. He will help her get a guy but she cannot fall in love with him. How can she not? He is hot and smart!



Typical story. I still enjoyed it. Its really funny and cute!

File:Otomen1JP.jpg

Title: Otomen
Author: Aya Kanno
Genres: Romance, Comedy, School life, Slice of life, Drama
Reading Direction: Right to Left
Age Rating: 13+ Teen
Status: Ongoing

Summary: Asuka Masamune is a guy who loves girly things. Sewing, Baking, reading Shojo Manga- you name it! His mother and the world expects him (or men in general) to be more manlier so he hid his hobbies and played the role of a masculine jock. He meets Ryo Miyakozuka, a girl who can't sew or bake. Asuka finds himself draw to her. But he also finds his hobbie is going crazy because of her! Can he control his love for girly things and love for Ryo?



You must read this!!!! Its soooo great and funny!!!! I love Asuka!!! I'd say he is the most awesomest shojo guy ever!!!



Title: Magic Touch, Romance from the Thumb
Author: Izumi Tsubaki
Genres: Romance, Comedy, Drama, School lfie
Reading Direction: Right to Left
Age Rating: 16+ Older Teen
Status: Ongoing

Summary: Chiaki is the star of the Massage Research Society. She is a quiet is normal highschool student. One day she instantly falls in love with this guys back. She sees him again but he is the schools most popular and good looking Yosuke?! Will he let her massage his back?

Romance from the Thumb 3 - Page 1

The story is really unique! I've never read anything like this before! Its awesome!!!

Hot Gimmick 1 - Page 3

Title: Hot Gimmick
Author: Miki Aihara
Genres: Romance, Drama, Shojo
Reading Direction: Right to Left
Age Rating: 16+ Older Teen
Status: Completed

Summary: (From Shojo Beat) In company-owned rabbit-hutch apartments live tenants who can't afford to live anywhere else, and the apartment complex in which high-school girl Hatsumi Narita lives is ruled over by the rumor mongering, self-righteous Mrs. Tachibana. Get on Tachibana's bad side, and life becomes hell. When Hatsumi has to buy a pregnancy test because her popular sister Akane is late, Mrs. Tachibana's son, Ryoki, who used to bully Hatsumi as a kid, promises not to tell the world about Hatsumi's secret, only if she becomes his slave. Suddenly Azusa, Hatsumi's protector in their youth, reappears to save her again! He's moving back into the neighborhood! Despite the budding romance between Hatsumi and Azusa, Ryoki (What a horrible person) has control over her through the secret that could ruin the lives of everyone in Hatsumi's family, and he hasn't forgotten who his slave is!



One word: Interesting. That Ryoki.....what a jerk. I hate him!! I know you love Azusa!! (Cough) Sorry, some parts of this manga really frustrates me! I love the story though! I never read it before! The art is great too!


Title: Kimi ni Todoke: From Me to You
Author: Karuho Shiina
Genres: Romance, School life, Slice of life
Reading Direction: Right to Left
Age Rating 13+ Teen
Status: Ongoing

Summary: Sawako Kuronuma always had trouble fitting in. Due to her appearance, Jet Black hair, scary smile, pale skin and quiet character, she is always mistaken for the character Sadako she wants is to make friends. When she meets Shoto Kazehaya, a cheerful and outgoing person, she is determined to be like him.



The story is cute!!! I really love it! I was really really when they announced that there was going to be an anime!!! YAY!!



Title: Stepping on Roses, Hadashi de Bara wo Fume
Author: Rinko Ueda
Genres: Romance, Comedy, Drama, Slice of life
Reading Direction: Right to Left
Age Rating: 13+ Teen
Status: Ongoing

Summary: (from mangareader.net) Sumi Kitamura is the second eldest in a parentless family of six. One day after her older brother leaves town, her younger brothers and sisters are taken away. The only way for her to get them back is to make a lot of money fast. On her quest to find money, a man offers to give her the money if she marries him...



The story captured my interest. I really love it! The love between characters bloom nicely and yeah.....I just love the art!



Title: Punch!
Author: Rie Takada
Genres: Romance, Comedy, School life, Slice of life
Reading Direction: Right to Left
Age Rating: 13+ Teen
Status: Completed

Summary: Elle Nagahara wants a life without violence, a normal life! But how can she? Her mother was a wrestling champion, Father was a lightweight world boxing champion and grandfather was the first Japanese to become champion of Muay Thai kick boxing. But first she wants a boyfriend. How can she when her childhood friend keeps scaring and threatning every single one? What a weird life!

If you liked Happy Hustle High! by Rie Takada (which I did) then you will like Punch! Of course the art is cute!



Title: We were there, 僕等がいた, Bokura ga Ita
Author: Yuki Obata
Genres: Romance, Slice of life, School life
Reading Direction: Right to Left
Age Rating: 13+ Teen
Status: Ongoing

Summary: Nanami Takashi falls in love with the most carefree and popular guy in class, Motoharu Yano. For her its First Love. For Yano......mourning for the death of his girlfriend the year before.



When I read the summary for this I thought it would be really really depressing but......it turned out very.....how would I write this? Very heartbreaking and inspiring. For me I never been in love before (only with manga!) but when I read this I could experience the pain and happiness in the manga. I really love it!



Title: Sugar Princess
Author: Hisaya Nakajo
Genres: Romance, Sports, Comedy, School life, Slice of life
Reading Direction: Right to Left
Age Rating: 13+ Teen
Status: Completed

Summary: (From Shojo Beat) Maya Kurinoki is an 8th-grader who has no experience in ice-skating but seems to have natural talent. She performs a double axel and impresses a scout named Eishi Todo, who tells her that he can make her a skating "princess." Todo tells Maya that she'll have to convince famous skater Shun Kano to coach her and become her skating partner. Unfortunately for Maya, Shun only wants to skate singles.



I love this manga!!!! It involves skating!!! Yay!! To bad it ended early........Oh! The creator of Hana Kimi is the creator of Ice Princess! I never knew that.....wow that took such a long time of realizing....wow.

Arigatou~!!!

8 comments:

  1. I really like Hot Gimmick ^^

    By the way, i really like your blog :D

    Fairy

    http://shesdreamingawake.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my Gosh!!! I'm really happy that you like my blog!!! You know...you are the very first random (sorry I don't know what else to say) person to comment on my blog! I'm soo happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you sooo much!!
    I was out of good shojo manga to read and you recommended me lots!
    Thank you thank you thank you I was about to commit suicide after reading this rly good manga like.. thrice in a row ...
    btw Lovely Complex is an AWESOME manga you should read it it's funny and cute, and the characters aren't stupid like in some mangas (no offence.)
    Thnx rly love your blog! :))

    (gahh this thing is not posting :(( )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh your totally welcome!!
    Don't commit suicide!!! You'll miss all the best manga in the world.......:D
    Smile all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. :O i read alot of those mangas, I'm also wondering why they stopped publishing D: does anyone know? ;~; i miss reading honey and clover D:

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well one reason I was told was that Shojo beat wasn't popular enough and lot of people preferred the manga than the magazine. I really really really really love the magazine!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do you have more manga like Faster Than a Kiss that you could post? I REALLY liked that one and am waiting for the next chapter (I think there's another one coming out- I'll be VERY disappointed if there isn't) but I need something like it to pass the time... Teacher X Student so funny! (No Ecchi or Mature or Smut if possible)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm.........do you want the same genre? Well let me see........

      You can try Hana Kimi (Gender Bender and Romance and tons of comedy!) or Full Moon wo Sagashite......I have tons more.....just comment again if you're stuck! I'll try and post more manga's like Faster Than a Kiss!

      Thanks for commenting!!

      Delete

If you have any manga/anime to recommend me, comment! If not, just comment anyways! They are always appreciated!