Monday, April 18, 2011

Manga Recommendation: Alice the 101st

I went to the bookstore (finally) the other day and I was only allowed to get one book (not enough!!!!) I got a book that I have never seen or read before. I picked up this book knowing that it would be awesome!!! I can just tell by the cover.....I love reading manga about music!



Title: Alice the 101st, 101人目のアリス
Author: Chigusa Kawai
Genres: Comedy, Romance, School Life
Reading Direction: Right to Left
Age Rating: 16+ Older Teen (Doesn't really seem like it, there is nothing wrong with it! It just said on the back of the book)
Status: Ongoing

Summary: Only 100 students each year are submitted in the Mondonveille School of Music. However 101 students made it and that 101st student is Aristide Lang (his name does sound like Alice!). He made in but he has no idea how to read sheet music! He doesn't even know the basics......

The whole school is in a uproar when they hear about Alice. But what happens when they hear his magnificent performance?



I really enjoyed this manga! I want the second volume........anyways! I love the art and story! I love the comedy!!! Its so great! I praise the mangaka for researching music awesomely! The mangaka did a great job!! I feel like I learned several things from this manga. But the mangaka wasn't able to capture something very important, in real life Talent is not the only thing that we need to succeed. Practicing is another component in succeeding in whatever we do.

Since I have a love for reading manga's with Music in them........here are some (or just one) others you should try!



Arigatou~!!

5 comments:

  1. Alice 101 sounds really cute ^^ ...By the cover I would guess it's BL (Boyslove)- am I right? xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww! the cover is so cute! wanna read it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ummm....Its not a BL! (Thank goodness! I wouldn't read it.....I'm not a fan of BL but some BL's have great art......but they scare me though. I don't have anything against them!)

    Well in the first volume Alice gets mistaken for a girl. It was very funny.....:D One character touched him to make sure. XD So funny!!

    You guys should really read it!!! I guarentee you that you will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. You have to buy it at your local book store to read it.....you can't read in online though! I'm sad! Hope that helps!

      Thanks for commenting! :)

      Delete

If you have any manga/anime to recommend me, comment! If not, just comment anyways! They are always appreciated!